在线服务平台 vs. 在线服务工具，从MadKast： one-click share widget说起
- Remembers any friends info you put in so you don’t have to remember it the next time – just click on your friend.
- Remembers friends across any MadKast enabled blog (e.g. we’ve also implemented MadKast on AsktheVC – any friends you share Feld Thoughts content to will also show up when you share stuff on AsktheVC.)
- Sends complete blog posts via MMS (I think this is the first thing I’m involved in where I’ve found MMS to be actually interesting.)
- Provides bloggers with detailed analytics about which content is being shared.
- Automatically reorders your bookmarking preferences based on your usage.
MadKast is much more powerful than AddThis. AddThis only allows users to bookmark content to share with other people; on the other hand, madKast also allows users to send content via e-mail and MMS. In addition, madKast remembers all friends’ contact information across sites after it is entered for this first time. MadKast also allows you to use any existing social bookmarking tools — which is really the only aspect which makes it similar to Addthis.
Finally, in the not too distant future, madKast will be rolling out detailed analytics packages for bloggers/publishers as well as ad sharing network.
Bottom line is that AddThis only has a small subset of madKast’s functionality.
AddThis is primarily concerned with social bookmarking. They provide a VERY large list of social bookmarking sites – everything from the popular (Facebook and Digg) to the obscure.
madKast combines social bookmarking with sharing through email and MMS. We let our users send posts to their friend’s email addresses and mobile phones. We also provide the most popular social bookmarking services – the services that make up about 95% of all social bookmarking.
Finally, madKast stores the contacts you send posts to – for example, just enter in your friend’s email address once, and the next time you use madKast, we’ll remember your friend’s contact info, so you don’t have to type it in again.